Why is it so hard to make smart eating choices during the holiday season? Between the holiday parties and tasty treats, I always have a really hard time staying on track during the holidays. However, this year, I’ve discovered a few tips that still allow me to enjoy yummy holiday food without going overboard. Take control of your health this holiday season with these 5 Healthy Holiday Eating Strategies.
I received samples and compensation in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
5 Healthy Holiday Eating Strategies
1. Eat your veggies first. When you sit down to a holiday meal, be sure to fill your stomach will all of the healthy options first. This way, you will have less room for goodies.
2. Don’t go hungry. Never go to a holiday party or shopping on an empty stomach. The last thing you want to do is binge. Remember to eat a small healthy meal before going out.
3. Talk more. Make it a point to visit more during mealtime. This allows food to settle in your stomach preventing you from overeating.
4. Drink a lot of water. The more water you drink, the less hungry you will be.
5. Snack Wisely. When you feel the munchies, choose snacks that are full of nutrients. Make it a point to try and avoid empty calorie snacks. Some of my new favorite smart snacks this Holiday season include ZonePerfect Perfectly Simple Limited Edition Bars.
Available in festive flavors such as Peppermint Bark and Pumpkin Chai, ZonePerfect Perfectly Simple Bars are a no-brainer this holiday season. Perfect for on-the-go, these bars are packed full of protein to help give you added holiday energy. With only 200 calories per bar, ZonePerfect Perfectly Simple Peppermint Bark and Pumpkin Chai Bars are the perfect way to indulge in tasty holiday treats without the guilt.
Available at Target and other select retailers, ZonePerfect Perfectly Simple Peppermint Bark and Pumpkin Chai Bars are the perfect way to keep your health in check this holiday season.