Celebrating the holidays with kids is one of my favorite things in the whole entire world. Watching their little eyes light up with excitement over Christmas trees, lights, and Santa Clause is truly magical. Make the Holidays even more meaningful with these 10 Fun Family Christmas Traditions.
I received compensation in exchange for this post. All opinions are mine. See below for additional details.
10 Fun Family Christmas Traditions
1. Make Christmas Sugar Cookies as a family. For an awesome recipe, check out The Best Soft Sugar Cookies Ever.
2. Make graham cracker “gingerbread houses”. Using frosting, graham crackers, and candy, allow everyone in the family to create their very own gingerbread houses.
3. Serve another family. Find a family in need and involve the whole family in selecting gifts and delivering them as a Secret Santa.
4. Allow your children to decorate their own Christmas trees. My son absolutely adores having a small Christmas tree in his room that he can decorate all by himself.
5. Drive around the neighborhood and look at Christmas lights. End the evening by coming home and drinking hot chocolate.
6. Every evening, gather around the Christmas tree and read a different Christmas book.
7. For a festive snack, make Christmas Tree Rice Krispie Pops. Involve your kids and allow them to decorate their own Rice Krispie Pop.
8. Using costumes, act out the Nativity story involving every member of the family.
9. Draw names as a family and make each other a special homemade gift.
10. Write letters to Santa.
Writing letters to Santa has always been one of my favorite Christmas traditions.