Compensation was provided by Nestle Pure Life via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Nestle Pure Life.
One of the greatest things you can ever teach your children is the importance of a healthy lifestyle. Starting at an early age, it’s crucial to implement healthy habits that can be practiced throughout their lifetime. As a mother, I’ve realized that it doesn’t have to take a lot of time or energy to provide my family a healthy lifestyle; the small things really add up. Check out this list of simple family friendly healthy habits.
10 Family Friendly Healthy Habits
1. Limit screen time: Set a limit on the amount of time your children spend in front of the television, on their tablets and phones. While watching television, during commercials, encourage your children to run around the room, kick a ball back and forth, etc. Set a timer and when time is up, make sure all electronics are turned off.
2. Play with your pets: Go outside and run around the yard with the dog. If you don’t have a pet, borrow your neighbor’s dog for a few hours.
3. Get involved: Encourage your child to participate in extracurricular activities – tennis, football, track, etc.
4. Dance: Turn up the music and DANCE! My son and I love dancing to our favorite tunes throughout the day. Not only does it get the heart pumping, but it’s a fun activity the whole family can enjoy together.
5. Eat a good breakfast: Don’t skip breakfast! Start each day right with a healthy family breakfast.
6. Eliminate soda: Soda is packed full of unnecessary sugar and calories. Keep soda out of the house!
7. Play: Play, play, play! Play with toys, play outside, play with each other!
8. Plan family activities: Make it a priority to have a weekly family activity. Use this time to go swimming, on a family bike ride, or a walk around the park.
9. Get adequate sleep: Make sure that you schedule enough time for your family to get an adequate amount of rest each night.
10. Stay hydrated: Hydration is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle. Make sure that you (and your family) consume at least 8 cups of water a day. Keeping hydrated makes you less hungry, moisturizes your skin, helps your cells replenish faster, etc. The benefits of staying hydrated are infinite!
Here to help with your hydration needs, Nestle Pure Life Water is the perfect beverage to keep your family healthy and happy. I don’t know what it is, but water always tastes SO much better coming out of a bottle. Not to mention, knowing that I have a bottle of Nestle Pure Life Water chilling in the fridge, I’m a lot more likely to stay hydrated throughout my day. Encourage family friendly healthy lifestyle choices with Nestle Pure Life Water.