I am a girl who loves her chocolate; chocolate bars, chocolate chips, chocolate cookies, candy bars, fruit dipped in chocolate, hot chocolate, etc. Chocolate just seems to make this world a better place…at least my world! So of course, I had to whip up this delicious Peppermint Flavored Frozen Hot Chocolate. Perfect for the Holidays, your whole family will enjoy this divine chocolate-y treat.
Peppermint Flavored Frozen Hot Chocolate
Ingredients (makes 2 heaping servings):
– 1 cup of milk
– 1 cup of water
– 4 Tbls Hot Chocolate Drink Mix
– 6-8 scoops of peppermint ice cream (you can also use chocolate or vanilla ice cream if preferred)
– 1/2 cup of ice
– 1/4 cup M&M’s
Garnishes (add garnishes to your liking):
– Shaved Chocolate
– whipped cream
– scoop of favorite ice cream
– chocolate syrup
1. Heat cup of water in the microwave until water is boiling.
2. Add Hot Chocolate and stir until dissolved.
3. Add ice, milk, ice cream, and chocolate drink mix (after cooled to room temperature) to your blender.
4. Blend until smooth.
5. Place in freezer until desired consistency.
6. Mix in M&M’s by hand.
7. Using a cheese grater and block of chocolate to create chocolate shavings.
8. Garnish frozen hot chocolate with preferred toppings: chocolate shavings, chocolate syrup, whipped cream, ice cream, etc! Personally, I enjoy some chocolate shavings with an extra scoop of peppermint ice cream!
9. Enjoy this delicious frozen treat with family and friends!