Updated on November 22nd, 2014
I am a girl who loves her chocolate; chocolate bars, chocolate chips, chocolate cookies, candy bars, fruit dipped in chocolate, hot chocolate, etc. Chocolate just seems to make this world a better place…at least my world! You can only imagine my excitement to hear that American Heritage Chocolate is launching at M&M’s World in Times Square. (Up until now, American Heritage Chocolate has only been available at museums and online) Join with me in celebration of this delicious event by whipping up this delicious Peppermint Flavored Frozen Hot Chocolate. Perfect for the Holidays, your whole family will enjoy this divine chocolate-y treat.
I received samples and compensation in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
Peppermint Flavored Frozen Hot Chocolate
Ingredients (makes 2 heaping servings):
– 1 cup of milk
– 1 cup of water
– 4 T American Heritage Chocolate Drink Mix (or any hot chocolate drink mix)
– 6-8 scoops of peppermint ice cream (you can also use chocolate or vanilla ice cream if preferred)
– 1/2 cup of ice
– 1/4 cup M&M’s
Garnishes (add garnishes to your liking):
– American Heritage Chocolate (or any chocolate of choice)
– whipped cream
– scoop of favorite icecream
– chocolate syrup
1. Heat cup of water in the microwave until water is boiling.
2. Add American Heritage Chocolate Drink Mix and stir until dissolved.
3. Add ice, milk, ice cream, and chocolate drink mix (after cooled to room temperature) to your blender.
4. Blend until smooth.
5. Place in freezer until desired consistency.
6. Mix in M&M’s by hand.
7. Using a cheese grater and block of American Heritage Chocolate, create chocolate shavings.
8. Garnish frozen hot chocolate with preferred toppings: chocolate shavings, chocolate syrup, whipped cream, ice cream, etc! Personally, I enjoy some American Heritage Chocolate shavings with an extra scoop of peppermint ice cream!
9. Enjoy this delicious frozen treat with family and friends!
American Heritage Chocolate Drink and Chocolate Bar add such rich flavor to this frozen hot chocolate. Developed from colonial chocolate recipes from the 1750’s, American Heritage Chocolate is perfect for eating and baking with its four different formats: Chocolate Sticks, Chocolate Bites, Chocolate Block, and Finely Grated Chocolate. Made with all-natural ingredients, this dark chocolate is flavored with a blend of unique and delicious spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, chili pepper, vanilla, etc. Now available online at American Heritage Chocolate and at M&M’s World in Times Square, the chocolate-y possibilities are endless.