Did you know that there is somewhere around 323 theme parks in the United States? Out of that 323 parks there are about 43 of them in Florida. My conclusion is that theme parks rock and Florida really knows how to throw a party! If you love the thrill of the rides, the immersion of a fun atmosphere and the tasty food of theme parks, then you get what I’m saying.
I received a complimentary press trip, including park passes and tour. All opinions are my own.
I just got back from a trip to the Universal Orlando Resort. It was my first time in Florida and at a Universal park and I loved it. Universal has done a great job at turning the movies that you love into fun, interactive rides for the whole family. Fight crime with Spiderman, battle bots with the Transformers, cast spells and fight dragons with Harry Potter, or have a great adventure with Gru’s minions. Whether you’re into thrill rides, 3-D movie rides, or just experiencing your movies, your’re bound to have a great time.
To add a little extra fun to your Universal experience, I made up this game for you and your fellow park goers to play as you explore the parks. Keep your eyes open as you walk through the parks or lines for thrilling rides. Beat your friends and family and be the first to get a Universal Bingo!
Here are some hints to help you find the different landmarks between the two parks. These are numbered row by row from left to right, based on the image above. Do note that there are four different printable sheets available each players card will be in a different order.
- Woody Wood Pecker – Check the bushes over in Woody Woodpecker’s Kid zone.
- Dragon Bones – Keep your eyes to the ceiling while your in line at Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.
- Gold Goblin – Outside of Gringotts bank in Diagon Alley.
- Wolverine – Marvel Superhero Island is a great place for the Wolverine to hang out.
- Jurassic Park – Step inside the Jurassic Park Discovery Center.
- Time Traveling DeLorean – Head from Hollywood to the World Expo and search near the water.
- Despicable Me – Visit Production Central to catch Gru and his minions.
- Optimus Prime – At Production Central, look up. Transformers are hard to miss.
- Ukrainian Ironbelly – This dragon guards the treasure in Gringotts Bank. Careful, he also breathes fire!
- Eros – Outside Diagon Alley, he decorates the top of a water fountain.
- Fish – Grab something to eat near Lombard’s Seafood Grille and you may see this guy.
- Quote – Walk through Toon Lagoon and read the funny signs on the posts.
- Free Space– Take a bonus free space, just for playing!
- Donuts – Head on over to meet the Simpsons in the World Expo.
- 9 3/4 – Take a short train ride on the Hogwarts Express. Use platform 9 3/4.
- Train – All aboard the Hogwarts Express.
- Hulk – If your daring enough to ride the Hulk, look for this as you exit the ride.
- Clock – Take a break to check the time around the water by Transformers.
- Hogwarts – Go on a stroll through Hogsmeade and get a good view of the awe inspiring Hogwarts.
- Dr. Doom – Feeling adventurous? Get shot into the air by Dr. Doom, or at least stand outside and check it out long enough to mark it off your card.
- Safe – On your way to see Dr. Doom, don’t let it fall on your head.
- Bomb – Toon Lagoon is the best place for over sized explosives.
- Dr. Seuss – Walk into Seuss Landing and use this sign to find your way.
- Telephone Booth – Find me outside of Diagon Alley.
- Lollipop – Have a sweet tooth? Walk from San Francisco to New York and hit up the candy store.
Download the free printable copy of I Spy: Universal Bingo! Clicking the link will open up the PDF copy which includes four different bingo sheets so you can compete against friends or family as you explore the parks.
BONUS: Here are a few extra Fun Facts you can find around the park as well.
– I was told only 2 Dr. Seuss statues exist. One is in his hometown, and the other is here in cartoon form at Universal. Dr. Seuss is the guy on the left.
– The artist who painted the works of art in Marvel Super Hero Island was asked not to sign them. Being a creative artist, he sneaked it in anyway. See how many art pieces you can find the name Adam hidden in. Hint: there are only two that don’t have it. Storm, because it was done by a different artist at a later time. Also, the large Ice Man, because it was put into a base and the name was on the feet. It does however, have his wife and kids names in it. In this one, it’s in the folds of Magneto’s cloak on his left shoulder.
– These cool dinosaur bones were the actual bones used in the Jurassic Park movie. They are set up to look just like they did in the original Jurassic Park.
– Order yourself some Butter Beer. This tasty non-alcoholic soda is delicious cold or frozen like a slushy. Beware though, I’m still craving one and I don’t know where else to find one.
If you are planning a fun filled family vacation, Universal Studios Florida is definitely a must visit destination.