I received a Good Cook avocado slicer, citrus reamer and citrus zester in exchange for this post. The opinions expressed are my own.
Avocados are a staple in my home. My daughters eat them for snacks after school, and my husband eats them for their excellent health benefits and because they are just so tasty! When I was young, I was grossed out by avocados. Looking back, I’m sad at all the yummy avocado opportunities I missed out on.
Since avocados provide almost 20 essential nutrients, they are a great way to give kiddos a healthy snack. Although mine will just eat an avocado with a spoon, I wanted another fun way to give them one of their favorites.
I’ve seen recipes in the past for deep frying an avocado like a french fry. I wanted the same fry feeling, but in a healthier baked way. I loved the crunchy outside and creamy inside of these baked fries. They were really yummy dipped in ranch dressing. I think the next time I made them, I’m eating them with a fresh salsa!
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut avocados into slices.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Put eggs and bread crumbs in two separate shallow dishes.
- Coat avocado slices in the flour, shaking off excess.
- Dip coated slice in egg, then in break crumbs until fully coated.
- Place on a prepared baking sheet (non-stick cooking spray) and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
My recipe was made much easier with the help of my Good Cook Avocado Slicer. Super easy to use, the slicer gives you those pretty even slices you see in pictures. It has a handy point on the end to extract the avocado’s pit without damaging the delicious fruit. It’s also a cinch to clean, which is a big deal to me.
Come see how to Grill Pineapple!