It seems like I’m surrounded by ladies having babies. I guess it’s because my husband’s family is so large, and I know many young couples. I feel like I’ve been to a ton of showers this year and we are only half way through. After attending so many showers, and having 5 of my own, I started to think about the things moms receive at a shower that they really love or that they didn’t receive and could really use.
I’ve assembled a list of my top baby shower gift ideas. Hopefully this helps when it comes to picking a gift for that special upcoming bundle of joy.
Baby Shower Gift Ideas
- One of my favorite gifts to give and receive are swaddle blankets. They are perfect when you are trying to come up with baby shower gift ideas. They are versatile. They are great for swaddling, wiping up spit up and for laying down on the ground for baby to play.
- You can’t go wrong with a Bright Starts Playful Pals Portable Swing. These are my favorite. Portable swings don’t take up the space that a traditional swing will. Bright Starts Playful Pals Swing folds up completely for storage under the bed or in the closet. We took our Bright Starts swing with us to the lake. It gave my baby Mischa a comfortable place to lay and relax. She loves playing with the cute lion on the toy bar. I love how soft the material is on the swing, super cozy, and easy to clean since my little girl is quite the spitter.
- Diapers, diapers, diapers. You never can get enough. I was lucky enough to receive enough diapers to get me through the first 4 months. I couldn’t believe it! If cloth is your preference, why not try Naughty Baby Cloth diapers. Super cute and easy to use. Check out my post here where I tackle some questions I had about cloth diapering.
- Although we love to snuggle with our little ones, it’s important to give baby a bit of a stretch. I love this Taggies Tag n’Snuggles Play Mat. It’s super soft for a new baby, a crawler and even my 11 year old. Yes, caught her using it as a pillow when watching television. Mischa loves playing with the cute bears face and chewing on the tags. The bright colored tags catch her eye and she is instantly drawn to them. It’s completely machine washable, since, like I said before I have a spitter.
- One wardrobe necessity that every baby needs are plain white onesies. A little girl or little boy always needs a white shirt under a dress or a cute dress shirt. Although the colored ones are totally welcome, I found myself always short on the plain white ones.
I received product samples and/or compensation in exchange for this post. The opinions expressed above are my own. Any claims should be verified on the sponsor’s site.