Updated on October 6th, 2016
I love finding any reason to celebrate and party. With National Dog Week this week (Sept 18-24) I’ve decided to plan a few fun activities celebrating Gunner, my chocolate lab. Whether you’re celebrating your furry friend’s birthday, National Dog week, a holiday, or just because, these 7 activities are sure to get those tails wagging!
I received samples and compensation in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
7 Ways to Celebrate Your Dog
1. Go on a special trip. My dog is always happiest when we take him to his favorite places. A few of those include the dog park, mountain biking with my husband, or running through the field across from our house.
2. Throw a party. Invite over your dog’s friends, play a few dog games (fetch, obstacle course, finding treats), have some dog cake, and enjoy your time together.
3. Take photos. Set up a photo booth with costumes, sunglasses, hats, etc. Have a fun afternoon taking pictures of and with your furry friend.
4. Extra attention: Spend extra time with your dog, give them belly rubs, give them a bath, talk to them.
5.Wrap a gift. Every year for Gunner’s birthday, we wrap a giant bone and give it to him. Part of the joy and thrill of a gift is unwrapping it himself.
6. Go on a car ride. If my dog even hears the words “car ride” his tail automatically starts wagging. Go for a car ride, roll down the windows, and enjoy seeing your dog in his element.
7. Provide a special meal. Beneful recently conducted a survey among dog owners as to which activities make their dogs happiest. 95% of dog owners agreed that their dogs were happiest during mealtime. Giving your furry friend Beneful’s delicious Dry Dog Food is a great way to help maintain a healthy and happy dog!
Beneful wants to make sure that your dog gets the most out of each mealtime, which is why Beneful has created new dog food recipes with REAL meat! That’s right, real beef, chicken, and salmon are now Beneful’s #1 ingredient in dog food. Talk about a delicious and nutritious way to celebrate your best friend.