As daughter of a former school teacher, growing up, my mother always made it a priority to give back to our schools. Sharing her time, talents, and funds, she wanted to make sure my teachers knew how much they were appreciated. Show your child’s school just how much you care with these 6 simple ways to give back to schools.
I received samples and compensation on behalf of Schoola in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
6 Ways to Give Back to Schools
1. Volunteer your time: Sometimes the most valuable thing we can give is our time. Make it a weekly goal to volunteer 1 hour of your time to your school. This could include anything from supervising kids at recess to helping teachers make handouts.
2. Share your talents: Offer to share your passions with the teachers and students. Growing up, my mom came into my classroom each week to play the piano for our singing time.
3. Write thank you notes: Words of encouragement go a long way! Write thoughtful messages to your child’s teachers, principal, janitor, etc expressing your appreciation.
4. Get involved with extra curricular activities: Volunteer to help with the school musical, dance program, etc.
5. Bring treats: Bring treats to your child’s classroom (be sure to ask about the school’s guidelines for treats).
6. Donate money: One of my new favorite ways to financially give back to schools is through Schoola.
Schoola is an online gently used clothing store for toddlers, children, teens, women, and men. All clothing items are donated and $2 out of every $5 spent on Schoola goes directly back to school! Talk about an AWESOME way to save money while giving back to schools.
Being a mom on a budget, I can really appreciate Schoola’s incredible prices and quality clothing. With most of their items under $10, I can fashionably and inexpensively dress my entire family in brands like OshKosh, Gap, J Crew, etc while helping support schools. What could be better? Plus, look how cute my little man looks in his Schoola getup!