Updated on October 11th, 2016
Sensory play is a vital part of your child’s growth and development. I’ve learned that the more I engage my children in activities that allow them to touch, taste, smell, see, and hear, the quicker they learn, the happier they become, and the more entertained they stay. That’s why I love to see their minds grow with these 5 Quick & Easy Sensory Activities.
I received samples and compensation on behalf of Scentsy for this post. However, all opinions are my own.
5 Quick & Easy Sensory Activities
1. Homemade bubbles. Combine soap, corn starch, and water in a bucket. Get some bubble wands, cookie cutters, different sized cups, and allow your child to blow bubbles, play in the bubbles, and make creations with the bubbles.
2. Play in the mud. Nothing makes my children happier than playing with handfuls of mud. They love to play with the texture, note the cool temperature, and get messy.
3. Explore different textured foods. There are so many fun sensory activities you can do with food: paint with yogurt, peel grapes and allow your child to squish them, play with cooked noodles, etc. So much fun to experience different textures and tastes.
4. Homemade Play-Doh. Whip up a batch of Homemade Play-Doh and allow your child to sculpt, squish, cut, and create.
5. Play with sensory inspired toys. Encourage your child to play with toys full of different textures, sounds, smells, and colors. Now I know what you’re thinking – does such a toy exist? Well, let me introduce you to my daughter’s new best friend: Scentsy Sidekicks Pippy the Pig.
Engaging in sensory play has never been easier or more fun thanks to Scentsy’s new line of plush toys. Equipped with teething rings, sliding knee socks, powder fresh scents, crinkly legs, different textures, and a variety of colors, your child will adore exploring all of there senses with Scentsy Sidekicks!
When I first introduced my daughter to Pippy the Pig, she let out a squeal of delight and immediately embraced Pippy in her arms. Because she is teething, I constantly find her sucking and biting on the teething rings. Not to mention, she gets a crack out of the crinkly noises when she moves Pippy the Pig around. Talk about the perfect birthday, shower, or just because gift. Be sure to visit Scentsy to learn more about Scentsy Sidekicks.