LEGO and Twitter Moms have teamed up with a fun promotion to share 5 family family time ideas! LEGO has a cool sweepstakes going on for a great way to have fun with your family – a trip to LEGOLAND in California!
1. Game Night! I LOVE playing card and board games and luckily my kids do too. Even though they are still little and not able to play some of the harder games they LOVE to play games with us!
2. Family Movie Night! My husband will always pop some homemade popcorn for us and we’ll pick out a good family or animated movie and it’s great bonding time!
3. Train Tracks (or whatever toy your child is into!) My boys current obsession is train tracks but whatever toy they are really into at the time it’s a great way to really connect to them by getting down on the floor at their level and playing along with them to something they enjoy! Train tracks work well for us because the “playing” part can be kind of boring but building a cool new track is always fun (until they break it)!
4. Trip to the Drive In Theater! The drive in is a cheap way to enjoy a night out with the family! Bring tons of snacks and pull up to the show! The best part is here the movies are double features and by the time the first kid show is through the boys are ready to fall asleep and my husband and I get a “date night” out of the second show!
5. Camping Trip! Camping is great because it forces you away from the computers, tv’s, video games, whatever it might be and makes you spend time talking and enjoying each others’ company! It’s also a great time to teach your children some important skills!
** I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and LEGO blogging program, making me eligible to get a prize pack. For more information on how you can participate, click here.
Wednesday 25th of August 2010
I haven't been to a drive-in theater since college. All the ones around here have closed--I miss them. And I agree they're perfect for families with young kids. Taking a baby/young child to a movie theater can turn into a nightmare!