Being a busy mother, I enjoy cooking delicious meals that are quick and easy to prepare. Growing up, my mom used to make this Lazy Woman’s Lasagna on a regular basis and now I know why; it’s extremely easy, quick, and tastes fabulous. Not only is this a great meal to make for a family dinner, but it’s an excellent “go to” meal when taking dinner to a sick friend or family member; it can be cooked right away, or put in the freezer for a later date. After cooking this 5 minute 4 ingredient Lazy Woman’s Lasagna, you’ll never make lasagna any other way. Bon Appetit!
Lazy Woman’s Lasagna
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 1 pint cottage cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- Boil your lasagna noodles.
- While noodels are boiling, spread a thin layer of spaghetti sauce (I prefer using Hunt's Garlic and Herb or Ragu's Garden Vegetable) in a 9 X 13 pan.
- After noodles are cooked, lay 3 noodles on top of your spaghetti sauce (I typically lay my noodles on a paper towel to dry of excess water before making my lasagna)
- Layer these noodles with a few spoonfuls of cottage cheese, spaghetti sauce, and mozzarella cheese (in this order)
- Lay 3 more noodles on top of mozzarella cheese and continue layering with cottage cheese, spaghetti sauce, and mozzarella cheese (I typically do around 5 layers)
- Finish lasagna by spreading a thin layer of spaghetti sauce over top layer of noodles and covering with mozzarella cheese (sometimes I sprinkle Italian seasoning or oregano on top)
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes (leave tin foil on for all but last 10 minutes, this way the cheese doesn't fry on top)
Want to serve your lasagna with a yummy side? Check out this Cranberry Walnut Salad recipe!