10 Holiday Survival Tips
3. Shop Early! You can get great deals all year long and lots of great deals on Black Friday weekend as well. If you get all your shopping done before December not only will your finances not be as stressed the last several weeks of the year.
4. Don’t overdo it! Keep your commitments to a minimum so you don’t get overwhelmed and end up not enjoying the season. Be sure to say no if you have too much on your plate!
5. Ask for help/delegate! If you want to have a holiday party or be in charge of thanksgiving dinner, for example, be sure to have guests help or divy up the tasks or cooking list!
6. Party Plan EARLY – If you want to have any holiday parties pick your date early and stick to it. Get out invitations early as plans come up quickly and there are lots of different things going on at the end of the year.
7. Traveling Tips – If you will be traveling for the holidays pack early so you’re not stressed with packing on top of busy holiday traveling! You can get a lot of things packed up, or at least set aside a week before your travel date and then pack all the things that you use daily last minute.
8. Get a good holiday movie to distract the kids! 🙂 When you need to distract the kids for you to get wrapping done, or tidy up from holiday parties, put on a fun holiday themed movie for the kids to help them get in the spirit of the season!
9. Set a date on your calender for Christmas Decorations. The first weekend in December usually works well, or many people decorate just after Thanksgiving. Put aside at least a few hours so you can get all the decorations up and ready in one setting.
10. Get your Christmas Cards/Letters ready early. You can hold off on mailing them, but there are things you can get done early! Have envelopes addresses, Christmas letters typed up and ready, and steps like this will make it really easy to get those letters out!
What great tips do you have for surviving the holidays? Do you do any of the tips I mentioned? When do you usually shop for gifts? I’d love to hear your feedback!