This post is sponsored by Annie Chun’s. All opinions are my own.
Do your New Year’s resolutions include healthy eating? Or how about spending more time with your family like gathered for weeknight meals? Annie Chun’s is a leader in the gourmet Pan-Asian foods industry and have developed a series of 5 recipes they are showcasing to help you get started cooking more healthy, filling, simple meals for the New Year. They are making restaurant quality easy to replicate at home with their artisan sauces and rice and noodle kits that feature premium ingredients. Now, there is no reason to fear getting into the kitchen to cook Asian dishes!
This Spicy Creamy Pad Thai recipe is the perfect example. All of these ingredients are things I frequently purchase and often have on hand except the shiitake mushrooms. How easy would it be to just add those mushrooms to my shopping list along with a pack of Annie Chun’s pad thai rice noodles to easily recreate this recipe from home and skip takeout!
Spicy Creamy Pad Thai Recipe
Recipe by Annie Chun’s
Serving Size: 2
*Double Ingredients for 4 servings
- ½ Package Annie Chun’s Pad Thai Rice Noodles
- 3 bacon strips
- 4 mushrooms
- 2 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tomato
- A pinch of salt, pepper & parsley
- 3 Tbsp. Chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped garlic
- ½ Cup Chicken Broth
- 3 Tbsp. Cheddar cheese,
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- ½ Tbsp. Paprika powder
- ½ Tbsp. Cayenne pepper
- Chop bacon strips into small pieces
- Chop mushrooms and shiitake mushrooms into small pieces
- Peel the tomato and chop
- Heat pan and add olive oil, add in the chopped onion, chopped garlic and stir.
- Add chopped bacon and mushroom then stir until it is wilted
- Pour in chicken broth, add the cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese and boil.
- Cook the noodles in boiling water for 3 mins, drain and set aside
- Add the cooked noodles to the mix then add the sour cream and boil on low heat
- Add chopped tomato, paprika powder, cayenne pepper and stir
- Garnish chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper
Don’t let your meal inspiration stop here, though. Try all 5 recipes in this awesome recipe series. They each have a video to correlate with a recipe so you can watch and follow along making recreating these yummy Asian dishes easier than ever. This Spicy Pad Thai recipe is the first video in the series, so if you need the step-by-step directions, just follow along with the video. Or, skip to the next video in the playlist for more inspiration! Each video is no more than a minute long, so in less than 5 minutes you can learn how to make 5 different Asian recipes!
Recipe 1: Spicy Creamy Pad Thai
Recipe 2: Shrimp Red Curry Noodles
Recipe 3: Pork & Tofu Udon Noodle Stir Fry
Recipe 4: Chinese Vegetables Stir Fry
Recipe 5: BBQ Beef Yakisoba