This weekend, Raleigh is set to get their first big snowfall of the year. The news is expecting 8-12 inches! Moving from Phoenix where my boys have never experienced a snow day at home, we’re all gearing up and getting excited for all the possibilities — snow angels, snowman, sledding, snow ball fights, you name it!
But I grew up with a few snow days a year. I remember how short our time outside really was. It was so much fun while it lasted, but within an hour or less we would all pile back into the house and be left with not much to do but play games or read books.
That’s where this darling printable comes in! Just in time for your indoor snow days and the school days that are cancelled is a fun game perfect for winter time. Roll a Snowman is a spin-off of Cootie that is so much fun for everyone to play!
Roll a Snowman Printable Dice Game
- Printer (color works best – but black and white will work)
- 6-sided dice (standard dice)
- Scissors OR Crayons
How to Play:
- Print one copy of Roll a Snowman per player.
- Take turns in a clockwise order rolling a single dice. Whatever number you roll is the snowman part you can add to your snowman game card.
- Players can either cut and glue on each body part or color in their own creations with crayons.
- If a number is rolled that you have previously rolled, you will not get to add anything new to your snowman this turn, and play continues to the next player.
- The winner is the first person to complete their snowman by rolling one of each of the 6 numbers.
To get a free copy of this darling printable, just click on the image or link above. The PDF will open up in a new window where you can save and/or print the printable dice game.
This game is so much fun for teaching counting, number recognition, hand-eye coordination, coloring in the lines, cutting practice, body parts recognition and other preschool/kindergarten skills. Plus, it’s just a lot of fun!
Let me know what your crew thought of this cute game in the comments!