Bras are a funny thing; you either love them or hate them. Whether you wear a bra for support or out pure of necessity, you want to make sure your bra is providing absolute comfort. After all, wearing a bra shouldn’t be painful or uncomfortable. But how many of us women actually know what to look for in a bra? And how about the fit, do you know if your bra fits properly? Following these simple tips will help you find the perfect bra.
I received Vanity Fair Bras in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
How to find the perfect bra
1. Your bra should be level from front to back.
2. For fuller breasts, use a bra with an under-wire.
3. The front middle part of your bra should lay flat against your skin.
4. Cleavage should not be spilling over the front of your bra. If it is, your bra is too small.
5. Make sure your straps fit properly – you don’t want them digging into your skin or falling off of your shoulders. If you’re having a problem with either of these, you may need to adjust your cup size.
6. Make sure the wires aren’t cutting into your skin (anywhere).
7. If you aren’t able to fit a few fingers under your band, your bra is too tight.
Now that you are aware of a few “do’s” and “don’ts” when it comes to bras, let me tell you how to measure your correct bra size.
How to measure your bra size
1. To measure your band size, measure tightly beneath your bust (in inches) while exhaling.
2. Bend over to a 90 degree angle and measure the largest part of your chest (yes, I know, kind of an awkward position). Write this number down.
3. Subtract these two numbers (largest part of your chest – band size).
4. The difference of these two numbers will tell you your cup size. 1″ difference = A, 2″ difference = B, 3″ difference = C, 4″ difference = D, 5″ difference = DD or E, etc.
Now that you know how to find the perfect bra that fits your body, let me tell you a little bit about 3 of my favorite bras from Vanity Fair Lingerie.
Perfect for the gym, Lily of France’s (Vanity Fair’s sister company) Seamless Reversible Crop ($10.98) provides incredible bounce support while keeping the moisture away. With 2 difference ways to wear this bra, this bra is perfect for everything from yoga to the treadmill.
Perfect for the warm summer months, Vanity Fair’s Body Caress Beauty Back Bra provides absolute comfort. This bra is one of my absolute favorites – it’s so light and comfortable that sometimes I even forget that I’m wearing a bra. This is definitely a bra I would recommend to my friends.
Vanity Fair’s Light and Luxurious bra ($38) bra is ideal for support and structure. With double back hook-and-eye closure, you feel secure and beautiful. Plus, the lace detail is beautiful!
Now it’s time to go bra shopping! Visit Vanity Fair Lingerie and start looking for the perfect bra.