Our world is revolving and changing so quickly. I remember when I was a kid how different phones were back then. Text messaging was a “new” thing and smartphones didn’t exist. that was just 15-20 years ago! I remember visiting the mall with friends and using a pay phone to check-in at home. Now, it’s nearly impossible to even find a payphone anywhere. With this change in world, it at some point becomes inevitable that our children will need a phone.
This post is sponsored. All products mentioned and reviewed on this page are compliments of AT&T. All opinions of the products are my own.
It can be difficult trying to find the right balance of keeping in touch and connected with your child and yet not giving them the access to a smartphone full-time. This is where a pre-paid phone plan with flexibility to use the service just when you need it fills that perfect void.
Having a whole slew of boys at home, I know as they grow up they’ll need to be able to check-in. I plan to have a single “family” phone that doesn’t belong to any of my kids. Instead, it’s given out on an as-needed basis when my boys will be in a scenario to need to connect. As my boys head off to sports, clubs, friends houses, and eventually work and school where a phone may be needed.
Another reason I love the GoPhone is it can provide a “home” phone number that can be given to friends and family without passing out my personal cell phone number to have those friends calling and trying to reach my child through me. My good friend has a neighborhood kid who will call her 3-4 times in a row until she answers and lets the neighbor know she’s not home with her child to pass along the phone. This awkward call seems to happen just about every time we are together. Since home phones have mostly vanished, it makes sense to have a portable home phone that gives your family the flexibility to use that phone whenever the need arrives to keep connect with your loved ones.
My oldest loves texting his grandma and cousin, and I love that he is building a connection and relationship with family that lives out of state. However, I don’t want him messing around with my phone to do it. This is how we’ve been using our GoPhone the most since my oldest is 8 it’s giving him a chance to learn about communication and practice his spelling, too, while connecting with family.
5 Reasons to Make the Switch to AT&T GoPhone
AT&T is sharing five ways the GoPhone is making it easy to stay connected with your family.
1. They’ll have no excuse not to call you back – AT&T has the most reliable 4G LTE network, reaching more than 300 million people.
2. Because their world is constantly changing – The flexibility of no contract lets you make changes when you need to.
3. We put the “Smart” in Smartphone – You won’t have to sacrifice the latest technology for a flexible plan. The GoPhone includes the latest 4G and 4G LTE Android and Windows smartphones available at affordable prices. Plus, share your date through your own wi-fi hot spot to connect your other devices.
4. We say “Yes” to hand-me-downs – You’ll be able to bring your own phone right over to GoPhone including iPhones! Most phones are compatible, just pop in a GoPhone-activated SIM card.
5. Brings a little flexibility into your life – Start with a monthly rate plan such as their plan with unlimited talk and text with 2.5 GB of data. You can auto-refill your plan with credit/debit or your bank account. Or, pick up refill cards at your leisure at retailers nationwide.
To find out more or browse smartphone available, visit http://gophonefreedom.att.com/.