This warm dessert is perfect for summer and fall. These mixed berry crumble bars combine your favorite berries – add strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries (or just your favorites) and top with yummy pie crumble layers!
I’ve got a sweet tooth for berries! Those flavorful strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries! It’s got to be the best part of summer is having a whole bunch of fresh berries to snack on. This yummy mixed berry crumble bars recipe feels like a bite of pie, but it’s so much easier! It just takes a few minutes prep, then pop these bars into the oven and you’ll have a warm dessert to share. Top with a scoop of ice cream or whip cream, if desired, for an unforgettable dessert.
Mixed Berry Crumble Bars
Let’s get right to this one, because you’re not going to want to wait!!
Start by combining your crumble ingredients: flour, sugar, egg, baking powder, butter, cinnamon and salt. We just toss it all in a food processor, which makes it so easy to create a crumble that’s evenly mixed. You could use a pastry cutter, if you don’t have a food processor, but it will take longer.
Spray with a quick layer of non-stick spray. Then, toss half the cake mixture to line the bottom of your pan.
Fold together your berries of choice, combining with cornstarch, vanilla and sugar, then spread on top of your crumble base.
Then, just top with the remaining crumble mixture.
You’ll bake the mixed berry crumble bars for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
Make sure you let your crumble bars cool before you cut and serve them. They don’t have to cool completely, if you’re hoping to serve warm with some vanilla ice cream, but expect it to be a little messy if you scoop while it’s still hot.
If you wait until cool, the berry crumble bars will be perfect for serving.
You can adapt this recipe to fit your families favorites! Pick what berries you have on hand, or head to a u-pick berry field and load up the crumble bars with what’s in season. You can even use frozen berries, in a pinch.
Berry Crumble Bars Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups mixed berries (fresh or frozen - I used strawberry, blackberry, raspberry and blueberry)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sugar
- Combine flour, sugar, egg, baking powder, butter, cinnamon and salt in a food processor and pulse until you have a crumbly texture. You can also do this by hand with a pastry cutter, but it will take longer.
- Spray the bottom of a small baking pan (I used 8x11), and pour half your flour mixture into it. Spread out with your hands to get a smooth surface.
- Fold together berries, cornstarch, vanilla and sugar, then spread evenly over your flour base. *If there is a lot of juice in your berries, leave that out.
- Cover with remaining flour mixture, then bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Cool slightly before cutting into bars, and serve.
Head over next for these amazing, so yummy, Apple Cobbler Cookies next!
This Homemade Banana Cream Pie recipe needs to be next on your to-bake list!
Save this pin to bookmark this recipe for later!