Updated on August 18th, 2015
Before having my first baby, I had many preconceived notions pertaining to what my life would entail as a new mother. Despite my research and preparations to bring a new baby into this world, there were many surprises (both joyful and difficult) that caught me off-guard. Although motherhood has proven to be an extremely rewarding gift, there are many things I wish I had known before having a baby.
I received samples and compensation in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
Things I Wish I Knew Before Having a Baby
Photo Credit: Jamie Harper
1. Breastfeeding doesn’t come easy to everyone. In the beginning (at least in my experience) nursing can be painful and a stressful time for both mom and baby. Often times breastfeeding takes time and a lot of practice in order to make it a joyful experience for both parties. Don’t get discouraged – give things time.
2. Labor pains don’t end after you give birth. In fact, many women suffer from cramp like pains for weeks to months after giving birth.
3. You will experience exhaustion like never before. You’ll find yourself doing things like putting your keys in the fridge and parking in the wrong driveway.
4. It will be a while before you’re able to sit down and enjoy a meal from start to finish.
5. You’ll find yourself whistling tunes like “The Wheel On The Bus” even when you’re not in the presence of your kids.
6. You’ll find it hard to find another topic of conversation (other than your kids) while your on a date with your hubby.
7. You’ll experience a kind of love for your child that you never even knew existed or was missing from your life; this love continues to grow with each new addition to the family.
8. It’s impossible not to make funny faces when feeding your child baby food.
9. You’ll find yourself saying things like “Stop eating dog food!” and “You need to eat your chips before your doughnut.”
10. Bladder leakage is a common problem after giving birth. In fact, 1 in 4 women experience stress urinary incontinence. Thankfully, Finess provides a clean and easy way to treat temporary bladder leakage.
Whether experiencing bladder leakage due to childbirth or premenopausal symptoms, Finess allows women to completely prevent bladder leakage instead of just having it absorb into a pad. Super light weight, easy to use, and comfortable, Finess completely blocks leakage and allows you to enjoy your daily activities without knowing it’s even there. Simply place Finess over your urethral opening and the specifically formulated hydrogel adhesive gently seals in place blocking urine until you remove it.
Say goodbye to pads and experience freedom from stress urinary incontinence with Finess. Want to try Finess for FREE? Finess is giving away a free 6 pack of Finess to the first 50 requestors who use the coupon code momstake during checkout. You will receive a trial pack ($4.95 value) + shipping absolutely FREE. Head on over to Finess and claim your free samples.