Updated on September 1st, 2015
The hustle and bustle to get out the door and off to school is about to begin. Can you feel it coming? The struggle to get kids moving in the morning is real. Let the kids take on some of the responsibility by outlining the jobs that need to happen in the morning with a fun Ready for School Chart that they can work through each morning.
I have three young boys, and a baby, to get reach each morning and letting them reference a list of what their jobs are helps everyone pitch in and gives mom a break from the constant reminders to focus on getting everyone fed and out the door without forgetting anything.
I received compensation for this post. All opinions are my own.
I made this fun Ready for School printable chart with colorful, fun circles to make it something the kids would want to use in the morning. It outlines 9 important things that need to happen each morning before school, with a focus on giving the kids a task list they can work through. Click the link below to print a free copy of the PDF!
Here are the 9 easy jobs your kids can tackle each morning:
- Get Dressed – Parents can help by helping them to pick out clothes the morning before and setting them out on top of the dresser.
- Make Bed – Teach them to put their pillow at the head of the bed and pulling back their blankets and sheets. This important lesson helps keep bedding up off the floor.
- Eat Breakfast – Give your kids a choice between two easy options so they have a say, then prepare breakfast for them while they’re getting ready.
- Brush Teeth – Clean teeth are a great way to start the day! This reminder will keep them on track.
- Pick Snack – Most schools encourage students to have a snack with them. Have a tub of snacks already in individual portion sizes in little baggies ready for your children to grab and go.
- Water Bottle – To help save time, your kids can fill up their water bottle the night before and have it waiting in the fridge for morning.
- Check Backpack – Let them evaluate their backpack to make sure they have their folder, snack, water bottle, and anything additional they need to take to school.
- Put on Shoes – Keep shoes corralled in one location so the kids can easily find their shoes and be ready to go.
- Out the Door! Finally, everyone is ready – time to run out the door!
To simplify your morning routine, turn to Odom’s Tennessee Pride. They make delicious snack sized Sausage & Buttermilk Biscuits that make breakfast a snap! A package with two sausage biscuits heats up in 45 seconds and it’s ready to enjoy. You can add a fun dipping sauce to make breakfast a bit different each morning or take them on the road with you when you are in a rush.
My boys started school this week and have been asking for the Sausage & Buttermilk Biscuits each morning! They’re hooked! We have found the 2-count snack sized portion to be perfect! They make it through one of the breakfast sandwiches, and are able to grab the second one and head out the door when we’re running late.
Odom’s Tennessee Pride uses the highest-quality meats along with a real country flavor to make a product families have trusted for over 70 years! Their yummy breakfast sandwiches are super convenient for helping to ease the morning rush and get out the door on time without sacrificing on the things that are important to your family. You can give your kids a warm, filling breakfast that is protein-based to keep them filling full longer without investing a ton of time.
Let your kids take on some of the morning responsibility and simplify your breakfast routine to help ease your entire morning hustle.