Chiquita Bananas offers a page dedicated to Chiquita Moms that includes information, recipes, tips, FAQ’s, and more! Did you know that Americans, on average, eat 27 pounds of bananas each year?! That’s a whole lot of bananas and more than apples and oranges combined!
Their moms page has recipes for some great ways to use all those bananas you buy and even tips for how to freeze bananas for use later in smoothies, shakes, and even in baked treats if thawed first. Here’s how to freeze them!
Directions to Freeze Bananas
1. Peel your Chiquita banana
2. Cut or break into 4-6 pieces (to use as needed)
3. Place in freezer bag
4. Mark freezer bag with today’s date
5. Store in freezer (for 1-2 months)
6. Use as needed in one of your favorite Chiquita banana recipes
I received a Chiquita Mom Set to review. Included was a coupon for free Chiquita bananas so I could try out their recipes myself! So when I was browsing through their recipes deciding on what to make I got caught up on one of the recipes and it was easy to decide! So, what did I make? Banana Splits!!!
I had not had a banana split in a long time and it just sounded like so much fun and I thought the boys would enjoy it! I used all vanilla ice cream though and tons of toppings including chocolate syrup, hot fudge, caramel, and homemade strawberry jam! Here is their recipe below though if you want to try it yourself!
- 1 large ripe Chiquita Banana
- 1 scoop each Vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream
- 2 Tbsp. Chocolate syrup (or Hot Fudge)
- 2 Tbsp. coarsely chopped Walnuts
- 4 Tbsp. Whipped cream
- 3 Maraschino cherries