I’ll be honest, Monday mornings are not my favorite. Knowing that five whole days stand between me and my weekend is rough. However, wanting to change my attitude about Monday mornings, I’ve decided I need to start my week off with a little service. After-all, I find that I’m happiest when I’m serving others and forgetting about myself. Could there be a better way to start my week? Giving kindness to others has never been easier with these 10 Unique Ways to Serve Others.
I received samples and compensation in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
10 Unique Ways to Serve Others
1. Mail a letter to a family member or friend.
2. Leave a kind note in your child’s lunchbox, on the bathroom mirror, on the garage door, etc.
3. Offer words of encouragement to a young mother. Trust me, just a simple “you’re doing a great job” goes a LONG way!
4. Leave a treat and thank you note on top of your garbage can for the garbage man.
5. Take breakfast to your teacher/boss.
6. Double what you are cooking for dinner and take the extra to a friend.
7. Doorbell ditch your neighbor and leave a treat on their doorstep.
8. Send a care package to a family member.
9. Bring your neighbor’s garbage can in.
10. Bring your spouse/child their favorite breakfast in bed.
Kicking my week off with a little service, I decided to bring my husband some breakfast in bed. Even though this was a simple act of kindness, it changed my outlook on my entire Monday morning. Not only did breakfast in bed let my husband know how much I appreciate his hard work, but he happily served me and let me go for a run ALL BY MYSELF (didn’t have to haul kiddos in the stroller)! Serving others is contagious and makes the world such a better place.
Now it’s your turn to #ShineItForward and make #MondaysForGood. Jimmy Dean believes that good mornings lead to great days. Starting your day off right with a Jimmy Dean’s breakfast sandwich not only helps you feel good, but further persuades you to “do” good throughout the rest of your day. Starting today, November 2, Jimmy Dean is encouraging others to make the most out of their Monday mornings by serving others.
What kind acts are you going to perform? Tag @JimmyDean and #MondaysForGood and share what good you are doing Monday mornings. Also, head on over to Jimmy Dean and sign a petition to make #MondaysForGood a national holiday. After-all, small acts of kindness truly make this world a better place.