Halloween is such a fun holiday! It gives you the excuse to be creative and have fun with your children. One really easy way to bring in the fun of the holidays into your home is by serving themed dinners that will surprise and delight your kiddos! This Halloween Ghost Skillet Pizza is super easy to make and turns out adorable (and yummy!)
Halloween Ghost Skillet Pizza
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup of pizza sauce
- Black olives
- 1 slice of Cheddar cheese
- Pizza dough
- Mini Halloween cookie cutters from Amazon
- 10” Cast Iron skillet
Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
Oil your cast iron skillet and place pizza dough inside. Cover with saran wrap and let sit while oven is preheating, about 20 minutes.
Spread the dough out on the bottom of the pan. Place in preheated oven for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, Use the cookie cutters to cut ghost shapes into the slices of cheese. Slice thin olives for eyes. After 5 minutes top pizza with sauce, shaped cheese and olives.
Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven Let cool and enjoy!
Turn this Halloween Skillet pizza into a family activity by letting your kids help. You can slice the cheese off the block and then hand it over to your children to let them take charge of the cookie cutters and create the ghosts.
Your children can also help press the dough into the pan, add the sauce, and put on all your toppings, too, as long as you are careful about not letting them touch the skillet.
Letting the kids help prepare dinner gives you a fun activity to do together and gives you a chance to talk, play, and laugh with each other.
For more Halloween ideas, here are a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Pumpkin Overnight Steel Cut Oats by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Halloween Treats – Witch Hats & Brooms by Mom Does it All
- Simple Halloween Chow in an Edible Bowl by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- DIY Halloween Wreath by Home and Garden Cafe
- JELL-O Candy Corn Cups by This Mama Loves
- Halloween Candied Popcorn by Better in Bulk
- Trick or Treat DIY Bath Salts by Pretty Opinionated
- Poison Apple Halloween Drink for Kids by Ourfamilyworld
- Halloween Fudge by Upstate Ramblings
- Dollar Store DIY: Halloween Vase by MommaDJane
- Scary Halloween Bones by Jennifer Sikora
- Haunted Castle Cake by Kid’s Fun Review
- Halloween Ghost Poop Treat Bags by My So Called Balanced Life
- Witches Brew Drink Mug by How Was Your Day?
- Distressed Sugar Skull Tee by Style on Main
- Super Easy Mock Pay Day Bar Mix by Day by Day in Our World
- Halloween Candy Apples by Savvy Saving Couple
- Gluten Free Spooky Ghost Cake by Simply Southern Mom
- Simple DIY Halloween Treat Basket by Sweet Lil You