Updated on October 6th, 2014
Breakfast time is often such a busy and rushed time on the day as everyone is trying to get ready and out the door to work, school or other activities. That means it is sometimes hard to find the time to try something new in our early morning routines can begin to feel really boring. Here are some great breakfast ideas that even the kids will love to help you switch up your morning routine without spending loads of time working on a morning meal!
5 Easy and Quick Breakfast Ideas
- Toast and Fruit – Pop a few slices of bread into your toaster and then grab a grapefruit, banana, orange or other fruit which will pair nicely with toast.
- Bagels – You can be creative with bagels by adding sliced lunch meats, a fried egg, or other toppings to mix it up or stick with the classic cream cheese.
- Cereal and Yogurt – Cereal is a really quick option but often isn’t very filling. Add a side of yogurt to give you a more filling breakfast.
- Oatmeal – If you don’t make oatmeal often it can seem like a difficult thing to make but oatmeal is a really fast breakfast option and is very filling and customized just for your tastes. Most varieties just need to boil for one minute and it’s ready to add a few ingredients like raisins, milk, brown sugar, or your own favorites.
- Eggs – There are so many ways to prepare eggs which makes them great for keeping a variety in your morning routine. A few of our favorites are hard boiled eggs, scrambled, and fried eggs.
Then, add a cup of Silk Fruit & Protein instead of plain cow’s milk or a cup of juice to give you a great taste and a powerful start to your morning. You and your children will love the taste of this new fruit juice blend and you will appreciated the added protein that you won’t find in other juices. Plus, it’s loaded with Calcium, Vitamin D and Vitamin C! Silk Fruit & Protein comes in three flavors: Mixed Berry, Mango Peach, and Strawberry Banana.
This blog post is part of a paid SocialMoms and Silk blogging program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own.