I am a lover of all things chocolate. I often joke with my husband that my love language consists of anything chocolate. Because of my adoration for chocolate, I absolutely love trying new chocolaty treats. Perfect for drizzling over ice cream or mixing for hot chocolate, you’ve got to try this delicious Homemade Chocolate Syrup (from the book Great Moments in Chocolate History).
I received compensation in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
Homemade Chocolate Syrup
– 1 cup sugar
– 1/2 cup natural cocoa powder
– a dash of salt
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 3/4 cup water
1. In a saucepan, whisk together sugar, cocoa, and salt.
2. Gradually whisk in water to dissolve the cocoa mixture.
3. Over medium heat, bring to a boil stirring often.
4. Reduce to medium-low heat and simmer until chocolate sauce is reduced to about 1 1/4 cups.
5. Put chocolate syrup in a container and allow it to completely cool.
6. Store in a covered container for up to 3 weeks.
What a fun and delicious treat the entire family can enjoy. Some of my favorite ways my family chooses to enjoy this syrup is drizzled over brownies and ice cream, and mixed together with milk for hot chocolate. We also enjoy this syrup for dipping cinnamon gummy bears and fruit. The possibilities truly are endless.
This Homemade Chocolate Syrup recipe is just one of many delicious treats you will find in the book Greatest Moments in Chocolate History: With 20 Classic Recipes from Around the World. Packed full of yummy recipes, fun facts, and gorgeous photos, this book makes the perfect Holiday gift for any chocolate lover.
Did you know that M&Ms were created for WWII soldiers as the chocolate that wouldn’t melt in their hands? Just one of many awesome facts that you will read about in this unique book. Featuring delicious recipes made from American Heritage Chocolate, this book is sure to be a tasty hit this Holiday season.