A few weeks back, I began the quest to find delicious, quick, and inexpensive recipes that my family could enjoy for dinner. Tired of cooking the same meals countless times, I decided to summon my friends for their input and advice.
A friend recommended the idea of cooking cornbread in the waffle iron and topping it with chili; how genius! Costing less than three dollars for four servings, this 5 minute, 4 ingredient family favorite recipe is too good not to share!
- 2 large cans of chili (I like using Hormel's Chili with beans)
- 2 boxes of Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- Heat and grease waffle iron
- While making cornbread waffles, warm chili on stove
- Combine and mix muffin mixes, eggs, and milk in bowl
- Once waffle iron is heated, pour muffin mix into iron and allow to cook until golden brown
- After cornbread waffle is cooked, top with warm chili and desired toppings (I like topping mine with cheese and tomatoes)
- Makes 4-5 large waffles
I do most of my grocery shopping at Walmart. Because Walmart matches prices, I scan the adds I receive in my mailbox every week before I go grocery shopping. Almost every single week, I am able to find coupons for large cans of Hormel’s Chili for under $1. Jiffy corn muffin mix is typically $0.48 without any coupons. Therefore, I buy my two cans of chili and corn muffin mix for under $3! Talk about an inexpensive yet delicious meal!