My family LOVES eating Italian food; spaghetti, lasagna, pizza, etc. Whenever I make an Italian dish for dinner, I enjoy making breadsticks for our side dish. However, being a busy mom, I don’t have a lot of time to sit around and wait for my dough to rise. I’m so grateful that an old college roommate shared this delicious and EASY 5 Minute Garlic Breadsticks recipe with me; we eat these breadsticks on a regular basis. I love that these breadsticks are extremely versatile; you can adapt them to your taste buds. Enjoy!
5 Minute Garlic Breadsticks
- 2.5 cups of hot water
- 1.5 T sugar
- 1 T instant yeast
- 1.5 t salt
- 5 cups flour
- 3 T butter
- Dissolve instant yeast in hot water (I put my water in the microwave for a minute or so and then dissolve my yeast).
- Mix in sugar, salt, and flour.
- After all ingredients are combined, roll out dough with a rolling pin (to avoid dough sticking to rolling pin, cover rolling pin with flour).
- Place dough on a greased cookie sheet.
- Melt butter and spread on top of dough.
- Cover dough with seasonings of choice (I typically use Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, garlic powder, and pizza seasoning).
- Cut into strips (I typically cut the dough after it is cooked because it is easier, but you can cut beforehand if you'd like).
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
I have tried a variety of seasonings on top of these Garlic Breadsticks, and here are a few of my favorite ingredients: crushed red peppers (be aware, they add a little kick), Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, garlic powder, dry Italian seasoning, oregano. In the picture, I covered the entire dough with butter, graded Parmesan cheese (powder works just as well), garlic powder, salt; on one half I added red crushed peppers and the other half I covered with pizza seasoning from Winco. Enjoy experimenting to find the ideal seasonings for your taste buds!