I love to sing. I especially love singing at Christmas time. When we decorated our tree this year, I put on Christmas music and my girls were amazed at how many songs I knew. Sometimes I can’t remember my own phone number, or my kid’s names, but I sure can remember the words to O Holy Night.
Music is something that helps bring enjoyment to your celebration or even just to your normal day. During the Holiday Season, there are many ways to get in the spirit, either at home in in the community.
Bring music into your Holiday celebrations
- Pandora has a station for every holiday! Download either a free or paid version of the app, and take Holiday Music with you anywhere.
- Many cities have a radio station especially dedicated to Christmas Music. This year in Phoenix, the Christmas music started a couple weeks before Thanksgiving.
- Check with the local High School or college to see if they are having a special concert for the Season.
- Take your family caroling. Visit your neighbors, families or perhaps an Assisted Living Center and sing your heart out.
- Sing Christmas Songs on Christmas Eve! You can come print our Christmas Songs for Kids printable songbook to get the kids involved.
- Find a Sing A Long Messiah program in your community. I’ve been privileged to sing in the Messiah several times. Nothing feels better than singing the Hallelujah Chorus with a crowd of people. Many cities have churches that put on a sing a long on, it’s really fun and a great way to experience amazing music. Here is my 2010 solo:
As it was said in one of my favorite holiday movies “The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear.”