I received a T-fal Actifry in Classic White in exchange for my honest review. The opinions expressed are my own.
T-fal ActiFry is unique multi-cooker appliance that let’s you “deep fry” foods with out all the oil that makes deep fried foods so bad for you! It uses an innovative heat-pulse technology and an automatic stirring paddle that gives you an even distribution of what little oil you do use while preparing your meal. The ActiFry has a removable ceramic-coated non-stick pan and a steam-free lid that keeps the heat in.
- Size: 2lbs. of fresh food capacity.
- Only 1 tablespoon of oil for 2lbs. of crispy French fries.
- Unique patented technologies: stirring paddle and unique heat pulse system ensures food is cooked perfectly.
- Easy to clean: Removable pan, lid, filter and tablespoon are dishwasher safe.
- Safe and easy to use: no hot oil, low heat setting for total safety.
- Healthy choice: Foods made healthier with little or no oil required.
- Ceramic non-stick coating: PTFE and PFOA free.
- Perfect for cooking French fries, meat, fish, risotto, vegetables and fruit.
- Recipe book included contains over 30 great tasting and healthy
We received a T-fal ActiFry to review. We used to have a deep fryer but it used a WHOLE container of oil and then the oil would quickly go rancid so it seems like a huge waste and while it was fun for making french fries, we hardly ever used it because of the waste of all that oil! When I heard about the ActiFry I was really intrigued and couldn’t wait to try it out! With the ActiFry we could make a batch of french fries with just a tablespoon of oil!! Huge difference for both health and your budget!
When the ActiFry arrived it came with a great cookbook with recipes that were EASY and looked delicious that I had to try one of them out! We made T-fal’s recipe for Sweet and Sour Meatballs and I thought the meal turned out really good! The ActiFry was SO simple to use, it reminds me almost of a crock pot for frying up foods! Plus, clean up was an absolute breeze. The pan comes completely out and the center spinning paddle comes right off too so it was extremely easy to wash the pan and nothing seemed to stick at all!
I can’t wait to try some more of the ActiFry recipes! We will be making french fries next! I’m really pleased with the ActiFry for how simple it was to prepare a meal that I felt good about serving my family.
Sweet and Saucy Meatballs
Recipe by ActiFry
- 36 Frozen Meatballs
- 1 each Red and Green Pepper (cubed)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 cup of water
- 4 Tbls Ketchup
- 1 Tbls of each: Brown Sugar, Cider Vinegar, and Grated Onion
- 1 clove of Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves (optional)
- Place the meatballs, peppers and mango in the ActiFry pan.
- Whisk the water, ketchup brown sugar, cider vinegar, onion, garlic and cornstarch. Add to the ActiFry pan.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and sauce is thickened. (Add a couple extra spoonfuls of water if the sauce becomes too thick.) Sprinkle with coriander, if using.
Variation: Substitute chopped fresh or frozen pineapple or peaches for the mango chunks.