I received a Silikids sippy cup and glasses in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
It’s important to keep our children safe. We usually thing about the obvious things, but it’s hard to remember the little thing, like what your child’s drinking cup is made from. There is a growing concern about toxic materials being used in children’s toys, cups and baby bottles.
Silikids first came on the scene when 2 friends and mothers wanted to have safe products for their children. They noticed that bottle nipples and other baby products were made from silicone, so researched and jumped off from there. They first introduced a silicone sleeve for glass bottles and have since introduced other great silicone accessories like sippy cups, glass cups and bibs.
It is an inert material, it does not react with food or beverages, or produce any hazardous fumes. It’s non-toxic, hypo allergenic, does not promote bacteria or fungus growth, and it does not transmit taste to food. Silicone does not contain toxic chemicals like bisphenol-A, lead, PVC and phthalates. There are many specialty recycling facilities that recycle silicone. Send your Silikids products back to us and they’ll recycle it for you!
We love these glasses! They are lightweight and easy to clean. The sippy lid forms a liquid tight bond, so no matter how many times I find the sippy on the floor, it’s not leaking. I also love the containers they are packaged in. You are able to reuse them. I put some crayons in one of them.