With a house full of little ones, I only have a few minutes to get ready in the mornings. There’s often a lot going on for the whole family, I live for any shortcuts to save time. Before heading off to work, school, or other errands, it’s nice to stop and make sure I spend those few minutes to make me feel great for the day. Here are are few easy beauty hacks that have helped me save time in the mornings, without sacrificing a beautiful face!
Beauty Hacks to Speed up Your Morning Routine
1. Prime your eyelids – There are some eye shadows on the market that look gorgeous and vibrant in the package, but once you apply it, it appears very soft in color. Don’t spend all morning caking your lids with the shadow until you get the deep color in the compact. Use concealer as a base or a white eye shadow pencil before brushing on your eye shadow, will give you that deep color you’re looking for in a fraction of the time.
2. Eyelashes and eyeliner at the same time – Who knew your eyelash curler had multiple uses? Apply a thin line of a soft or liquid eyeliner to the piece of metal on your eyelash curler that touches your eyelid when you use it. Keeping a steady hand, curl your lashes. The pressure you use to curl, will also press the curler against your eyelid, transferring liner perfectly to your lid. This is a trick that requires a little practice to perfect it, so don’t try it on a day you’re already short on time.
3. Invest in a mini spatula – How many times have you had a bottle of foundation that still had a little in it, but for the life of you, you couldn’t get it how? Throwing it away is just throwing money in the garbage and sitting there fighting with the bottle, trying to get every drop out, will only eat up your time. When you have mini makeup spatula in your arsenal, you’ll be able to get the foundation you need with no extra time required.
4. DIY stencil for perfect winged eyeliner – Winged eyeliner is a great way to finish your eyes, but unless you’ve got a steady hand and can draw a curved line like a pro, you might need some help. Using common tape, place one piece on the top lid and one on the bottom, so the two pieces form a V where you’d like your wing. Carefully, follow the stencil. Once you’ve made your wing, remove the tape! No more having to redraw them a couple times before getting them right.
5. Use concealer to fix mistakes – If you happen to get some mascara on your eyelid, or maybe your eyeliner in an area is a little too thick, this quick fix can save you loads of time in the morning. We’ve all been there, your hand jerks a little, and what was once a perfectly painted eyelid, now has a smudge on it. No need to wash everything on the eye and start over. Using a small amount of concealer on a q-tip, cover the unwanted smudge, if needed, touch up your eyeshadow, and you’re good to go.
6. Don’t skip the moisturizer – If I only have a short minute in the bathroom, the one beauty product I never skip is daily moisturizer! I completely agree with Kristen Bell – a little SPF makes all the difference in protecting your skin and a good moisturizer can brighten up your face.
I had the opportunity to interview Kristen Bell and pick her brain about her beauty secrets, how she balances work with being a parent, and how she stays centered in this crazy world we live in. I loved what she had to say and I’m excited to share her with you!
A good moisturizer makes absolutely all the difference. I am loving Neutrogena Naturals Brigtening Daily Moisturizer with SPF 25. It smells divine with the lemon peel extracts that work to visibly fade the look of dark spots and even your skin tone in just 4 weeks. The naturally derived sunscreen will help protect your skin from future discoloration leaving you with beautiful skin you don’t have to struggle to cover up. This amazing moisturizer contains no harsh chemicals, sulfates, parabens, petrolatum, dyes, phthalates – just a light-weight moisturizer that won’t clog pores!
You can find Neutrogena Naturals Brightening Daily Moisturizer with SPF 25 in stores locally as well as at Neutrogena.com.
What are your beauty hacks and secrets to getting ready quickly in the morning?