Updated on April 4th, 2013
Hoover offers a variety of vacuums, carpet and hard floor cleaners, and even steam cleaners! One of their products, the MaxExtract 77 Multi-Surface Pro Carpet & Hard Floor Deep Cleaner is suited to clean both carpets and hard flooring. Already having my hall closet full to the brim of brooms, vacuums, mops and more, the idea of having a carpet cleaner that could help with my tile as well was perfect! I love to find items that can serve for more purpose than just one as storage space is always an issue!
When the MaxExtract 77 arrived I was really impressed with how extremely simple it was to put together. You just attach the handle and then put away the cord, hose, cleaning attachments, and tanks. It was fully assembled in less than 5 minutes! I then read through the manual and couldn’t believe again how simple the process sounded! To clean you set the settings to wash: auto rinse. Then, while holding down the soap dispensing trigger, just use one complete forward then backward motion over the area to be cleaned to wash the carpet. The forward stroke washes and the backward stroke rinses. Then, do a few more strokes over the carpet without holding the trigger and the vacuum will pull up the remaining liquid leaving carpets only slightly damp. With instructions that simple I decided to go clean!
The MaxExtract 77 has removable clean and dirty water tanks. To get started, you just fill the clean water tank with hot water and fill the the cleaning solution as well. I started with my couch which used the hand tool attachment and it did a good job lifting up the surface dirty and some mild stains I had on my couch. I had a harder time getting a good rinse with the hand tool though and think next time I may manually switch modes while cleaning to be sure I get the solution rinsed out while cleaning. Next, I was ready to tackle my always sticky tile floor! I had expected a hard floor cleaner to be like an extremely heavy duty mop but what I found instead is the MaxExtract did great at removing sticky, dirty, dusty floors and left them feeling VERY clean, but it didn’t do so well against spots where food had dried and the like. From now on I think I’ll scrub at those difficult spots where food directly landed (the full length under my island bar where the boys sit) with a mop first and then run this MaxExtract following that initial scrub.
Finally, we cleared everything out of our family room that we could and tackled our family room carpet! It deep cleaned all the dirt and dust and any light or new stains REALLY well!!! My carpets look great!!! The MaxExtract 77 did have a harder time with the more established older stains though and wasn’t able to do much to pull them up. I’m thrilled with how well the vacuum has worked for us and don’t expect a vacuum to be able to pull up 3-5 year old stains. This carpet and hard floor cleaner was very easy to use and I love the flexibility to be able to use it for carpets, upholstery and my hard flooring needs!
National Pet Month Cleaning Tips!
Did you know that according to a recent study, more than half of pet owners (51%) reported that managing and cleaning up pet hair is their number one cleaning chore. In Honor of National Pet Month, Hoover has some great cleaning tips to share to help make cleaning after your pets easier!
- Use Products That Are Safe For Pets â€“ There are products specifically made for pet messes and pet odors. They are typically more effective, since they organically break down waste while neutralizing odors, and they are safer for homes with animals and children, but always check the label to be sure.
- Let the Air In â€“ After giving the carpets a deep cleaning, open the windows. Fresh air will speed up the process of drying carpets, allowing your family to enjoy the cleaned rooms without spoiling the hard work. Plus, instead of investing in an expensive carpet cleaning service, try the Hoover MaxExtract77. Not only does it work wonders on dirty carpets, it pulls up a lot of dirty water so your floors dry fast and youâ€™ll be back to living on those deep-cleaned floors quickly.
- Baking Soda, Not Just For Baking â€“ To remove scents from a carpet, sprinkle with baking soda. Let stand for at least fifteen minutes, then vacuum. Repeat as needed.
- Clean One Room a Day to Keeps Messes Away â€“ Develop a cleaning schedule where each day is devoted to one room in your home (for example, kitchen on Tuesday, bedrooms on Wednesday). Save the rooms that are considered high-traffic areas for later in the week in case of unexpected company.
- Avoid Pet Hair Emergencies â€“ The guests are about to arrive and suddenly you realize that your pet has picked an in-opportune time to hop on the couch. Tidy up with the Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Pet. Made with pet lovers in mind, it comes with an Air-Powered Pet Hair Hand Tool. Rubber blades collect hair and powerful suction carries it away. A rinsable filter and high-quality HEPA filter helps absorb odors from your furry friends, all for less than $100. Additionally, consider grooming more frequently to help control shedding.
You can find Hoover MaxExtract 77 Multi-Surface Pro Carpet & Hard Floor Deep Cleaner on Hoover’s website! It is currently on sale for $254.99 down from retail of $299.99.
This review is being cross promoted through Shout! Media. Check out these other great reviews to hear their thoughts about Hoover MaxExtract 77 Multi-Surface Pro!
Disclosure: I received a Hoover MaxExtract 77 Multi-Surface Pro for free in order to try the product and form an opinion for this review. I was not compensated in any other manner. The opinions expressed above are my own and any claims should be verified on the sponsor’s site.