This post brought to you by DairyPure Milk. The content and opinions expressed below are that of A Mom’s Take.
As soon as December hits, the holidays can come and go in a blink of an eye if you don’t take a moment to slow down and enjoy Christmas! Here are five easy ways to make the most of your holidays.
1. Drive Around to see Christmas Lights – Take a detour, drive the long way, or take special drive just to look at the lights. This doesn’t have to be a one time event!
2. Decorate for the Holidays – Hang the lights, put up the tree, and make some homemade ornaments. The earlier you decorate, the sooner it will feel like the Christmas season has begun. Continue to add decorations throughout the holidays by stringing up holiday cards.
3. Make Hot Cocoa – End the evening with a warm mug of hot cocoa! It’s easy to make and will warm your belly for a good night’s sleep.
Hot Cocoa: Combine 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/3 cup hot water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Stir in 4 cups DairyPure milk and heat, do not boil. Remove from the heat and serve!
4. Read Christmas Stories – Take 15 minutes each day to read a Christmas story as a family, sharing all the classics.
5. Bake Christmas Cookie – Mix, roll, cut, bake, frost, and decorate sugar cookies! You’ll spend a few quality hours together and end with a yummy treat you can enjoy as you countdown to Christmas.
When making hot cocoa from scratch, we turn to DairyPure because it is the only milk that is backed by a 5 Point Purity Promise so you can ensure the quality!
• No artificial growth hormones*
• All milk is tested for antibiotics
• Continuously quality tested to ensure purity
• Only from cows fed a healthy diet
• Cold shipped fresh from your local dairy
*No significant difference has been shown between milk derived from cows treated with the artificial growth hormone rbST and non‐rbST‐treated cows.
Learn more about DairyPure and how they are different on their website or by connecting with DairyPure on Facebook. You can find perfect holiday recipes with DairyPure Recipe inspiration on Pinterest!