I received a Good Cook Popcorn Ball Kit in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
When I was young I remember going trick or treating and being given homemade treats. My favorite of treat to receive was the brightly colored popcorn balls in cellophane. I loved the yummy flavors and the beautiful colors of these Halloween treats. I miss how personal Halloween was in my neighborhood growing up. I guess it makes me feel a bit old too. I was recalling with my husband, eating these popcorn balls, and decided to make a version my husband would enjoy.
With the help of Good Cook, I made some yummy Caramel Cashew popcorn balls. Their products made it a cinch to create these delicious treats that would be excellent at an upcoming Halloween party! I loved using the popcorn ball maker. I never even had to touch the sticky popcorn mixture, it went from the spatula to the popcorn ball maker. Jolly Time popcorn makes these popcorn balls super delicious and gives the popcorn ball the perfect salty and sweet flavor.
- 12 cups of popped popcorn
- ½ cup of butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup of light corn syrup
- ⅔ cup of sweet condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of salted cashew pieces
- In a saucepan, using a candy thermometer, combine sugar, syrup and butter.
- Stir well over a medium heat, bring to a boil.
- Add condensed milk stirring constantly until thermometer reaches 239 degrees F.
- Add Vanilla
- Pour caramel over popped popcorn.
- Add cashews.
- Combine until popcorn is coated.
- Shape into balls (lightly butter hands if forming by hand)
Starting October 7, Good Cook is hosting an awesome giveaway. Head over to their Good Cook Facebook page for all the info. Also, score your own Good Cook Popcorn Ball Kit for 25% using the promo code POPCORN. What a fun gift for the Holidays or even for a housewarming gift!