No Bake Cookies are my husband’s favorite dessert. A few months ago, I decided to make him some No Bake Cookies. I went online and found (what I thought would be) the perfect recipe. Little did I know that they would turn out disastrous! The chocolate separated from the oats leaving a ball of oats and gooey chocolate melted across my entire counter. Who would have known that I could mess up something as simple as No Bake Cookies? Well, last night, I decided I was going to give No Bake Cookies another try. This time I searched and searched for the perfect recipe. Luckily I stumbled upon this Classic No Bake Cookie Recipe. The verdict: absolute success! Enjoy!
- 4 T cocoa
- ½ C butter
- 2⅛ C sugar
- ½ C milk
- ½ C peanut butter
- 3½ C instant cooking oats
- 2¼ t vanilla
- Combine first four ingredients together in a saucepan
- Stir ingredients (to avoid burning) until mixture comes to a rolling boil
- Add last three ingredients (while continuing to stir)
- Continuing boiling for 2 minutes
- Drop by the spoonful onto wax paper/tin foil
- Allow cookies to set (may refrigerate to speed up the process)
Want another fun no-bake recipe? Come see how to make No Bake Peanut Butter Bars!