Nothing says summer to me more than S’mores! This classic treat is a must have whenever we go out camping throughout the summer and probably my favorite reason to even camp! I love the combination of the three ingredients to make a sweet and gooey treat that is oh so good. If you recall, I previously mentioned a recipe my Sister-in-Law taught me that she makes for my boys whenever she has them over for a sleepover. They pull out the kid sized tents and have a “camping” trip in the family room and always have a blast. Now I’m going to share this yummy and easy recipe so you can create your own family memories right from your living room, too!
You will need Graham crackers, Marshmallows, and Chocolate – yup, just the same three ingredients you use at the campfire. You will also want to either butter your cupcake pan really well or spray your pan with a cooking spray to keep the treats from sticking to your pan. We used baking cups below and sprayed the baking cups with cooking spray but they still stuck just a little bit around the top from the marshmallows.
Break up half of a graham cracker per treat. You want to be sure the whole bottom is filled with crackers. Just crush up the cracker using your fingers and some bigger some smaller crumbs will work great.
Next, break up a Hershey’s chocolate bar on the pre-stamped lines. Use 3-4 of the individual rectangles of Hershey’s chocolate per treat. I’m a choco-holic so we used four per treat. Then, add 3-4 Marshmallow halves. Just take one of the large Marshmallows and rip it in half and stick the sticky ripped side facing down.
Finally, sprinkle a few more graham cracker crumbs so they look cute when they come out of the oven. Very important, of course!
Pop your tray of S’mores treats into the oven and bake for 4-7 minutes or until lightly golden. You also can look for the chocolate to be just starting to turn to melted as a good indicator. They will stay hot for a little bit out of the oven and finish melting the chocolate a bit.
Baked S’mores Treats Recipe
- Butter or Cooking Spray
- 14 - Graham Crackers
- 4 - Hershey's Chocolate Bars
- 24 - Marshmallows
- Grease your cupcake pan using butter or cooking spray to avoid the treats from sticking. Make sure the cups are really well coated as Marshmallows are sticky!
- Break up the graham crackers into crumbles. Just use your fingers and break them up.
- Layer with Hershey's chocolate. We use ⅓ a bar of chocolate (4 rectangle pieces) per treat.
- Top with Marshmallows. Rip the marshmallow in half and put 3 or 4 half pieces on top of each treat.
- Crumble a bit of graham crackers on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes or until lightly golden on the top and chocolate is starting to melt.
How do you make your child s’mile all summer long?
I received compensation in exchange for this post. The opinions expressed above are my own. Any claims should be verified on the sponsor’s site.