Recently, we tried a new super easy banana muffin recipe that I found. It was so absolutely delicious that I’ve thrown out all my other printed up recipes for banana muffins and removed my cookbook bookmarks and this is now my absolute go-to recipe! I will be making this recipe often, like every time we have extra ripe bananas we need to use up. If you’re a fan of eating a banana muffin, or maybe you’d like to be adventurous and give them another try if you don’t typically like them, this is one recipe you have to try!
Easy Crumb Topped Banana Muffin Recipe
Recipe by MizzNezz on Food.com
Here’show to make these delicious, easy banana muffin recipe yourself! Take a large mixing bowl and combine 1.5 cups of flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1/2 tsp salt. Next, mash up 3 large ripe bananas. Add the mashed bananas, 3/4 cup of sugar, 1 lightly beaten egg, and 1/3 cup of melted butter. Mix up all these ingredients until just moistened (ie, no dry flour spots showing!). Then, lightly coat a muffin pan with cooking spray. Fill each cup about 3/4 of the way full. Next, you’ll make the yummy crumb topping. Combine 1/3 cup packed brown sugar, 1 tbls flour, 1/8 tsp cinnamon, and 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional). Finally, cut tiny pieces of 1 tbls cold butter and mix it into the mix until crumbly. Sprinkle the crumb topping over your batter inside the cupcake pan. Now, you’re ready to cook! Pop these muffins into the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes. Let them cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes, then enjoy!
Enjoy Your Banana Muffin Fresh or Frozen!
These banana muffins turned out absolutely delicious! They make 12 cupcake sized muffins which was a great serving size for my kiddos while I grab two as a serving because they are just that good. We ate the first half of the recipe one morning and stuck the rest in the fridge and enjoyed them the next day and they were great then, also. Muffins also freeze extremely well and can be thawed on the counter for about 10-15 minutes or pop them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds if you are in a rush. These make a great and very filling healthy breakfast and my son has continued to request them for his morning breakfasts! Next time, I will be making a double batch and freezing some of them to last us a bit longer.
- 1½ cups of Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 3 Large Ripe Bananas
- ¾ cup of Sugar
- 1 Egg, beaten
- ⅓ cup of Butter, melted
- Crumb Topping:
- ⅓ cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1 tbls Flour
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ cup chopped Walnuts (optional)
- 1 tbls cold butter
- Combine 1.5 cups of flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder, and ½ tsp salt.
- Next, mash up 3 large ripe bananas.
- Add the mashed bananas, ¾ cup of sugar, 1 lightly beaten egg, and ⅓ cup of melted butter.
- Mix up all these ingredients until just moistened.
- Lightly coat a muffin pan with cooking spray and fill each cup about ¾ of the way full.
- Then, make the crumb topping by combining ⅓ cup packed brown sugar, 1 tbls flour, ⅛ tsp cinnamon, and ¼ cup chopped walnuts (optional).
- Cut tiny pieces of 1 tbls cold butter and mix it into the mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping over your batter inside the cupcake pan.
- Cook in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes.
- Let them cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes
What is your family’s favorite muffin recipe?
This recipe is one my family uses and enjoys but is not my own recipe. You can find the original recipe on Food.com. If you love this easy banana muffin recipe, please share!