This month IHOP is debuting their new Simple & Fit menu items! With each item under 600 calories, but still on the IHOP menu, you can be sure it will taste delicious and still be healthy! There are three new varieties of oatmeal and several whole wheat items to choose from. The “Just For Kids” selection all have less than 600 as well, so your kids can start making healthy choices at a young age. Here are some of the tasty, new items…
- Super Fruit Oatmeal – A bowl of freshly-made toasted Quaker Oats, lightly sweetened with cinnamon sugar, and topped with a blend of five dried super fruits, including blueberries, dark cherries, cranberries, raisins and golden raisins. (290 Calories)
- Super Fruit Oatmeal with Almonds and Walnuts – A bowl of freshly-made toasted Quaker Oats, lightly sweetened with cinnamon sugar, and topped with almonds, walnuts and a blend of five dried super fruits, including blueberries, dark cherries, cranberries, raisins and golden raisins. (330 calories)
- Banana and Brown Sugar Oatmeal– A bowl of freshly made toasted Quaker Oats topped with fresh banana slices and served with brown sugar and milk. (260 calories)
- Whole Wheat Pancakes Combo – Two Whole Wheat Pancakes topped with lightly sweetened blueberries and powdered sugar served with egg substitute and two strips of turkey bacon (460 calories)
- Kid’s Whole Wheat Pancake Combo – One Whole Wheat Pancake topped with lightly sweetened blueberries and powdered sugar served with egg substitute and one strip of turkey bacon (230 calories)
- Whole Wheat Waffle Combo – A Whole Wheat Waffle topped with lightly sweetened blueberries and powdered sugar served with egg substitute and two strips of turkey bacon (510 calories)
- Whole Wheat Crepes – Two Whole Wheat Crepes filled with sweet cream cheese and topped with lightly sweetened blueberries and powdered sugar (380 calories)
I was already in love with IHOP and just about everything on their menu, so when I heard they were adding even more deliciousness, I had to try it out! Whenever one of our kids has a birthday, my husband takes them to IHOP before school. For some reason, I get left at home with the other kids! This time I was able to take my whole family in for a great meal! I had everyone choose something from the Simple & Fit menu. I thought they would complain because they were “healthy” options, but once they saw their choices they were excited! My kids love fresh fruit, especially pineapple so they were thrilled with their “Just For Kids” meals that included fruit! The smiley face pancake was so cute and my girls loved their grilled cheese sandwiches. My husband has been trying really hard to eat healthy so he was glad to be able to eat out without worrying about calories. He chose the Simple & Fit Spinach, Mushroom & Tomato Omelette. I am not a huge fan of mushrooms, but he loved it! That is really saying something since he is extremely picky! I would recommend any of these new menu items to anyone who wants to eat healthy and still have fantastic food! We have three birthdays coming up soon, so I think I am going to have to talk my husband into letting me take at least one of my kids
The IHOP Simple & Fit menu items are available now at most IHOP restaurants.
One A Mom’s Take readers will win
a $50 IHOP Gift Card
Ends 9/28/2012 at 11:59 PM ET. Open to US Only.
- Rules –
Disclosure: I received a $50 IHOP Gift Card in exchange for my honest review. I was not compensated in any other manner. The opinions expressed above are my own and any claims should be verified on the sponsor’s site.