Based on Nicholas Sparks’ bestseller The Lucky One, Zac Efron (“17 Again,” “Charlie St. Cloud”) stars alongside Taylor Schilling (TV’s “Mercy”) and Blythe Danner (“Meet the Parents” franchise) in this romantic drama directed by Academy Award®-nominated writer/director Scott Hicks (“Shine,” “No Reservations”).U.S. Marine Sergeant Logan Thibault (Efron) returns from his third tour of duty in Iraq, with the one thing he credits with keeping him alive—a photograph he found of a woman he doesn’t even know. Learning her name is Beth (Schilling) and where she lives, he shows up at her door, and ends up taking a job at her family-run local kennel. Despite her initial mistrust and the complications in her life, a romance develops between them, giving Logan hope that Beth could be much more than his good luck charm.
10 Things I Learned From Nicholas Sparks Love Scenes
- Kissing is so much better if water is involved!
- Having orchestra music playing in the background is totally normal.
- Every romantic encounter should involve some kind of lifting of the woman, by the man.
- You don’t always need a bed! A hardwood floor and blankets will sometimes do.
- Your hair will not magically stay in place…they must use some freakishly strong hairspray!
- Be sure to buy lipstick that lasts at least 24 hours, or you may have to reapply half way through!
- If you are a guy, having a six pack is completely normal, and expected!
- The first kiss should always be a life altering moment!
- Even if you think you hate your significant other, it is still fine to run up to them and start making out.
- The last thing I learned? My “love scenes” will never be anything close to any love scenes from any movie…especially Nicholas Sparks!
The Lucky One is rated PG-13 and can be purchased on Amazon for $19.96 (Blu-ray) and $14.96 (DVD).
One A Mom’s Take readers will win The Lucky One
Ends 8/31/2012 at 11:59 PM ET. Open to US Only.
Disclosure: I will be receiving The Lucky One in exchange for my honest review. I was not compensated in any other manner. The opinions expressed above are my own and any claims should be verified on the sponsor’s site.