What a fun subject, right? In honor of Disney’s new movie “Mars Needs Moms” they have teamed up with SocialMoms to bring this really fun blogging campaign prompt to answer the question of what my children might miss about me if I were to be abducted by aliens! The movie is produced by the team that produced “The Polar Express” and will be available in 3D. It takes a 9 year old boy, Milo, who sets out on a quest to save his mom from the Martians. If I were abducted by aliens, my children had better miss me and come to my rescue as well!! Here are some of the things I think they would miss the most.1. Playing Mario together! My 4 year old LOVES to play Mario with my husband and I. My 2 year old will watch along with us and sometimes hold a remote as well, but he’s too young to really enjoy it. My 4 year old though loves running through the level and jumping on the flag as well as going through the tubes throughout the level.
2. They would miss playing at the McDonald’s Playground. We take them there as a special treat when they’ve been really good that week. They both love climbing around on the playground, and of course the slide.
3. Hiking Trips! My husband is more known for this one that I am, but as it is something we do as a family they would definitely miss the hiking trips we sometimes take.
4. Camping! My boys absolutely LOVE to go camping and sleep in their sleeping bags in a tent. This is certainly something they would miss if we were ever gone.
5. We try really hard to read the scriptures together as a family every night. I would hope that would be something they would remember about me and thus, miss about me.
6. I think any of their crazy nicknames we have for them would bring up old memories of all the silly names I come up for them and make them miss me. My boys even call me all sorts of nicknames back, or just call me one of the other kids names to be silly.
7. They would miss the homemade things I have made for them. Each of them have their own rag quilt (I’m working on my 3rd one!) as well as fleece throws, minky blankets, and homemade swaddle blankets as well for my youngest. All these homemade memories would really make them remember me.
8. My boys would miss snuggling up on the couch with me! We love to snuggle up to a movie, or even to a book, and grab a big comfy blanket to wrap around us.
9. Homemade popcorn, cookies, treats, and more! My boys really love cooking with me and probably their favorite thing is homemade popcorn as they love watching it pop and it’s one of their favorite treats to eat as well. They also love mixing up cookie dough and other treats as well though. They would definitely miss home cooked treats.
10. And finally, but by far the least, they would miss kisses from their mother! My 4 year old has a ritual of telling me he wants “BIG Kisses” and giving me the biggest smack he possibly can. Sometimes it’s almost scary and I shy away from his lips, lol. My 2 year old gives the sweetest, loving kisses and loves making the rounds to give everyone kisses. My youngest isn’t old enough for “kisses” but he would miss mama the most as he still constantly needs my attention and milk.
Mars Needs Moms is coming to theaters on March 11th and is rated PG. What are some things your children might miss about you if you were abducted by aliens? Can you related to any of mine above?